- More than two years of planning
- Countless hours of meetings
- Continuous solicitation for help
- 16 weeks of reconstruction
- Over 2000 volunteer hours
... a renovated Butler Lodge opened to hikers on October 16 2000.
Long Trail shelter
Located on Mt. Mansfield
Built 1933 - Restored 2000
(Drawing by Herm Hoffman)
The Burlington Section is planning a special celebration of Butler Lodge. Watch for announcement in the spring.
I am very grateful for the participation of so many dedicated folks.
Without your enduring efforts we could not have accomplished such an undertaking.
The lodge rests on a solid foundation --- a testament to your commitment to the Green Mountain Club.