Burlington Section Annual Meeting
Saturday, January 29, 2000, 5-9:30 p.m.
at Burgess Building, MCHV Campus, Burlington, Vermont
Please Make Reservations.
Adults: $5.00. Children (under 12): $3.00
Call Brenda Wright at 802/658-5869.
5 p.m. Social Hour
6 p.m. Lasagna Dinner
Bring your own plate, eating utensils, and a mug.
7 p.m. Business Meeting
- President: Mary Lou Recor
- Vice-President: Paul Houchens
- Secretary: Sue Gerard
- Treasurer: Sarah Berger
- Membership: Dot Myer
- Publicity: Pat Collier
- Ridge Lines Editor: Sally Spear;
- Outings: Phil Hazen
- Trails: Pam Gillis, John Sharp
- Shelters: Leo Leach
- Special Events: Brenda Wright
- Director: Pam Gillis
- Positions unfilled as of publication are outings co-chair, education chair, and alternate director.
- Budget Committee 2000: Peter Alden, Dana Baron, Sylvia Ewerts
8:15-9 p.m. Program
Nature Photography in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks with Judy Fabian
Born and raised in Hungary, Judy Fabian remembers I always took pictures. Two years ago she became a serious photographer. A graduate of Concordia University (Montreal) and the University of Vermont, she has lived in Vermont 19 years and is a member of the Burlington section. She is also the proud parent of Bandit the Hedgehog."
In unique and beautiful photographs, Judy combines her artistic and technical skills.
Directions to Burgess Building, MCHV Campus, Burlington, Vermont.
- Travelling west on WIlliston Road, pass the Sheraton on the right. Turn right onto East Avenue. Turn left at the first stop light. Turn right at the first stop sign. Travel straight to the next stop sign, turn right, and pass through security gate. Turn right again into the parking lot.
- The Burgess Building is a four-story brick building off the north end of the parking lot. A green canopy on the front says Burgess. The Burgess Assembly (room) is on the first floor as you enter the front door.
Taylor Winter Series
Everest: Grand Circle with Jan Reynolds
February 25, 2000, at 7 p.m. at Billings Theater UVM
Local climber Jan Reynolds chose to climb around Mt. Everest. She covered amazing amounts of distance with a small team of climbers. With beautiful slides of each face of Everest and humorous stories, she shares her adventure. Cosponsored by the UVM Outing Club.
Tickets will be sold at the door. GMC Members: $4. Nonmembers: $7. 12 and under: free. No charge for GMC members who have purchased a season's pass in advance.
Happy 90th Birthday GMC Celebration
Saturday, March 11, 2000 at 7 p.m. at 201 McAuley Hall at Trinity College
The Burlington Section is hosting an evening of Long Trail storytelling in honor of the Green Mountain Club's 90 years.
What to bring: Your own Long Trail adventures to share
Special Guests: Daan Zwick and Joe Frank
For information: call Dana Baron at 878-6773 or Mary Lou Recor at 660-2834.
- Other news and events